Thursday, December 1, 2011

Steps in the right direction.

As I told you before, I have been amazed at how people have been put in my path to help me along the way with this project. 
During a recent visit to Waycross GA to spend time with my family, my sister Mary wanted me to get in touch with someone her sister in law worked for that had something to do with selling books.  Neither of us had any idea really who this lady was or what she did but we both felt that it would be a great idea to speak with her.  Before going, I found her website and could not believe this company was in my little hometown.  The next morning, with my rough drafts in hand ( which is all I had with me ) I set out to see if she would give me the time of day.  Mrs. Dot of Dot Gibson Publications  was one of the nicest ladies I've ever met and was full of encouragement and information.  I felt like I had been to school by the time I left her office. 
I don't think Mrs. Dot understood at first what I was even there for but once she took a look at the drafts, she began to give me great advice.  Her company produces a catalog which reaches approximately 3000 gift shops world wide.  She also goes every year to market in Atlanta and by the end of our visit had offered to take Addie McPaddie to market in January !!!  I think I could have given her a great big hug right then and there but I tried to be very business like and leave with a "thank you" handshake.  Again, someone was put in my path that I never imagined I would find ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment